Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Finally Friday!

So yesterday I had a whole post, but I ended up not taking many pictures. And what I ate was quite frankly boring. I did A LOT of grazing through food yesterday and I made it a goal today to eat well put together meals.

So for breakfast I had my trusty cup of gloria jeans coffee and the new better oats oatmeal I bought for only $1! It also has all natural ingredients and is delicious.

For lunch I was in a hurry to get to the house I babysit at, so I just grabbed a frozen meal from whole foods. It was chicken tikka masala and it was a DISAPPOINTMENT. For 490 calories I was expecting a lot of chicken and sauce. To my dismay there were literally 3 1 inch cubes of chicken in the whole pile of sauce. If I wouldn't have added steamed broccoli, it would have been terrible. I also had cut up strawberries and blueberries with milk and a piece of chocolate!

It was flavorful, but just wasn't worth the $4.99 or 490 calories.

After finally leaving the kids I hit the gym and did the eliptical for 35 minutes and stairstepper for 25. When I got home I discovered that my books from amazon had arrived!!! I got the skinnygirl Dish, Naturally Thin, and Skinny Italian. The author of the Skinnygirl and Naturally thin is Bethenny Frankel, my all time idol. And the Skinny Italian author is Theresea from the Real Housewives of New Jersey. After browsing Skinnygirl Dish, I knew that I had to have something better than my normal bowl of cereal for dinner. So I did what Bethenny taught me and actually looked at what I had in the refrigerator and made something delicious.

"What is this?" you ask! Well just the most incredible omelette I have ever made in my life! I sauteed a 1/4 of an onion, 1 baby portabella mushroom, and a BIG handful of spinach. Then I whipped together 2 eggwhites and one whole egg w/ a dash of milk. And viola I made an amazing dinner.

Now whats a meal w/o dessert?! I had to try the ever so blog popular frozen banana ICE CREAM. And to my happiness I was not let down! I just froze a smashed banana, took it out and let it get warmer for a few minutes, threw it into the food processor and bam ICE CREAM! I did end up putting some peanut butter in it too!

Also, I had a small bowl of my honey nut chex, because 1 hour of cardio makes me a hungry girl!
Now its off to see what "finally Friday" brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment