Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm addicted to vegetables.

Alternate title: "I walked a marathon at work the last 4 days (literally I walked 26 miles in 4 days)"

Food
Spaghetti Squash with TJ's 3 cheese marinara sauce, cottage cheese, garlic salt.  I DIED.  It was my first time trying spaghetti squash and it was nothing like pasta, but I liked it A LOT.  

Bumble Bars.  Those things are over $2.00 at any health food store so make yo own
Bumble Bars (Knock off)
*1 cup of sesame seeds
*1/2 cup of flax seeds
*1/2 cup of Almond Meal
*1/2 cup mixed nuts chopped (I used cashews, peanuts and pepitas)
*1/2 cupish of brown rice syrup (I used enough to moisten the mixture)

**Bake at 350 for around 20 mins and viola your own bumble bars

My 2nd attempt at macaroons.  I suggest you check out Jenna at ELR she's good at making them and I used her base recipe. 

Oats in a jar, but not a nut butter jar a JAM jar! wooo my first OIAJ

Chocolate strawberry oats w/ frozen bananer and pb on top nomsss

Me and Rob the brofer just went to the Great Dane. I got the falafel w/ no pita and extra veggies (unpicutred) on the side

Clearly I hated it.  The cucumber tzatziki type sauce was SO good and the hummus NOM.

Welcome to my go to breakfast every morning. I call it the "Every vegetable you can find" Scramble.  This beast had a whole zucchini, tomato, onion, and mushrooms.  Add some egg whites and hot sauce and its breakfast!

Normal late night snack for a 20 year old college student. Roasted kale, tilapia, and mushrooms. 

More of my veggies.  Sauted in a pan w/ a little evoo and then throw an eggwhite in and already cooked shredded chicken and cooked brown rice and soy sauce and BAM chicken fried rice.  I ate it all yesterday.

As you can see, most of my meals include a large amount of vegetables.  I literally get excited for veggies I'm not kidding AT ALL.  I might have something psychologically wrong with me but veggies make me happy.

Fitness
Since I worked the last 4 days (working=walking) I have only been lifting weights.
This is what weights are doing to me.  I'm the hulk I swear. 

Today is my ONE day off this week so I'm going to try and fit in a run after my intern meeting.

Life
I have been annoyed with work lately and when I ask for a max of 20 hours a week I don't think 32 hours throughout 6 days is really acceptable.  So I've applied to whole foods.  I am using all the positivity I can muster to get this job.  

I know that I would be a lot happier in an environment where people are buying nutritious healthy food for themselves.  After a little over 2 months of working in a hospital I am just really sad for the people there.  Ordering a burger and fries isn't exactly the best thing you should be doing for your body while your in a hospital for being sick.  I don't feel like I'm learning anything that could be beneficial to me in the field of nutrition when I bring a diabetes patient a sugar free cookie instead of a regular one.  

Ok the rant is done.  I just want to be a happy whole foods cashier and go on with life!

xoxo,

Rachel


6 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear about the work situation. Good luck at whole foods! I love your late night snack of tilapia, so funny! I also make that same bfast scramble with any and every veggie I have

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ADDICTED to vegetables too...it's nuts. BUT I'm also love meat and squashes and cereal, yogurts, brown rice bread...and desserts...too many :(.

    Wish I was as good as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry I'm in love with vegetables too! Good luck trying to get a job at Whole Food, I hope it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @feeedingbrainandbody

    Thanks! And thanks for stopping by I love reading college students blogs so much and just put you on my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @bakingnbooks

    Oh I love other things too! Its just lately I've been a veggie junkie! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Allison

    Veggie scrambles are the bomb.com And thanks for the luck!

    ReplyDelete