Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home is where the cooking is

I finally got home yesterday after a successful interview and trader joe shopping!  I spent the night cooking whatever I could find.  The main event was chicken stirfry!
Spent seriously 30 minutes chopping
I planned on making chicken lime tacos, but the chicken madre wanted me to use up was already marinated in an Asiany marinade.  First, I sauted some garlic and fresh ginger and then added the chicken.
Wok magic
Madre got this wok in china town in San Francisco and it is literally the best thing ever.  I don't know how we lived without one.  I transfered the chicken to another dish and let the veg cook before adding the chicken back in.
For a family of 3, whoops
As I cooked the stirfry madre put brown rice in our fancy new rice cooker.  It all turned out really well and the chicken was super moist!  I could feed an army with how much I made though, whoops!

I spent the rest of the night finishing my chemistry homework that took literally 2.5 hours.  I have 2 exams the week I get back from spring break so I'm already studying for those, because I GO TO NYC IN TWO DAYS!

This morning I woke up and wanted one thing...Pancakes!  It has probably been at least 6 months since I've had pancakes!
Oat Bran Pancakes with banana and choco chips

Recipe:
1/4 c oat bran
1 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking powder
Dash of cinnamon
1 packet of stevia
1 egg white
1/4 c plain yogurt
just a little water to make more liquidy

These were SO good.  I loved the chewy texture.  I obviously made too few, but I hate making big batches of things that I don't know if they'll be good or not.  I'll definitely be making these again though!

Fitness
I've been pretty good about keeping up with my 1/2 marathon schedule.  I have a 6 miler scheduled today and a 3 miler I need to fit in tomorrow.  This will bring my weekly total up to 17 miles.

I'm not sure if I'll run at all in NYC, but I'd love to in central park!  I'm not going to worry about it though.

*****
Now I have a hot skype date with this girl to discuss NYC plans!  Ahhh 2days!
A lot of this will be happening in NY
xoxo,

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment