Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

45 minutes

I ran FIVE miles in 45 minutes and one of those miles was pretty much straight up hill!  I am one proud girl!!!

[caption id="attachment_57" align="alignleft" width="168" caption="WooHoo!"][/caption]

Terrible picture, but you get the point!  Also, this Garmin 205 was a christmas present from my parents and I'm IN LOVE.  It makes running for me much more enjoyable and competitive now that I can see my pace.

Sad story, my boyfriend got me the same exact present, but my parents gave me it first  :(

After my run me and the fam went out to what will be my last meal in the Desert.  My dad chose Fisherman's Market Grill.  It's always been a fave in our family.

[caption id="attachment_52" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="The Cajun Tilapia"][/caption]

 

I ordered the fries and realized they were probably covered in flour before frying, but I still ate a few.  I took one of my sketchy gluten pills before and as of right now I feel great.

[caption id="attachment_53" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Me and Mamma at dinner"][/caption]

 

 

Mom got the fish and chips, standard.

[caption id="attachment_54" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Dad and Rob"][/caption]

 

 

 

I guess they got the no smiling memo...

 

 

 

 

After dinner we hit up Henry's Market.  I got a loaf of gluten free white and brown rice bread for $3.99, score!  I also got a blueberry muffin for desert a la French Meadow Bakery.

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="242" caption="YUM"][/caption]

 

This was my first muffin from them and I have to say it was GREAT.  It was very moist and the texture was just like normal muffins.  A++ in my gf book.

 

 

 

In other news I get to see my boyfriend tomorrow!!!!!  And he decided to do the Madison half marathon with me, double win!  Though he'll literally be done an hour before me(speedy boy), I'm still excited.

[caption id="attachment_55" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="YAY!"][/caption]

 

 

 

This is our lives summed up into one picture.

xoxo,

Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Just found your blog-love it because I am also going gluten-free (without diagnosis). It has been helping my digestion and I'm feeling better. What are the gluten pills you mentioned?
    Thanks,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison!
    I'm pretty new to the blog world and am so glad you found mine! I found these enteromend pills (http://www.amazon.com/Health-Concerns-Enteromend-caps-Beauty/dp/B003U3B6A2) through Caitlin @healthytippingpoint. Her husband is some sort of natural medicine man and I found these through his website which I can't find at the moment.

    I only take one before going out for a meal that I don't know will be totally gluten free. I have never taken them and then ate a piece of gluten bread or anything. They seem to help, but that could also just be the placebo effect ;)

    Thanks again for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting!! I may have to check those out. Good luck with your blog-I'll definitely keep reading. I'm looking forward to reading about someone else who is living life gluten-free :)

    ReplyDelete