Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Meatballs!

Tonight I realized that I couldn't make tamales do the lack of corn husks.  So what is a girl to do?

Make MEATBALLS!  I have this weird really intense love for meatballs....don't judge.

[caption id="attachment_125" align="aligncenter" width="614" caption="My Favorite way to enjoy meatballs!"][/caption]

I used the gluten free homemakers recipe to a tee other than subbing in ground turkey instead of beef.  Thanks for the great recipe GF Homemaker! For my gluten free gravy I used this recipe:

  • 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms

  • 2 tablespoons minced onion

  • 1 tablespoon butter

  • 1 cup beef broth

  • 2 tablespoons water

  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

  • In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender. Add beef broth; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine water and cornstarch in a small cup; stir into broth. Cook and stir for 1 minute, or until thickened.


I didn't have fresh mushrooms on hand so I used a small can.  It turned out really well. I was so excited to find a good gluten free gravy recipe!

*****


Backtracking to breakfast, I made a protein pancake with blueberries.  It kind of fell apart and looked gross, but it was delish I swear!  I did add a little something special to it homemade greek yogurt!


 



Plain and Vanilla Greek Yogurt!

Making "greek" yogurt is SO simple and SO much cheaper than buying a whole tub.  Before bed last night I took two strainers, lined them with coffee filters, and filled them with Trader Joes Plain European Style yogurt and 365 organic vanilla yogurt.  Put the strainer on a bowl where there is room for the liquid to collect.  In one night you wake up to delicious, thick greek yogurt!  Try it!  I can bet you'll like it!


For lunch I had leftover lentil soup with a few brussel sprouts.


 



Noms

*****


After I digested my meal I hit the treadmill in my basement!  I did 5 miles in 44 minutes.  After my run I found a yogalaties video on Demand and did 30 minutes.  It felt so great to workout after a couple of days of being a complete couch potato!


Now I'm relaxing with mom and princess.  Looking forward to a night of HGTV!


Also this guy is coming tomorrow to stay for 2 nights! woohoo!




[caption id="attachment_129" align="alignnone" width="277" caption=":)"][/caption]

Stay tuned for my culinary adventures with Jack!  He is obsessed with me cooking for him.


xoxo,


Rachel


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment