Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Banana Cream Cheesecake and Mini Gluten Free Cupcakes, Oh My!

This morning has been spent doing one of my favorite things....BAKING!  My beautiful best friend came over last night so I wasn't able to make her surprise cheesecake until this morning.

I fit in a short arm and ab workout before heading to the store to get my ingredients for Banana Cream Cheesecake.

 




[caption id="attachment_95" align="aligncenter" width="608" caption="The Goods"][/caption]

Last night I was thinking of making a plain cheesecake, but I wasn't sure if that was what Kristy would want.  So I asked her what her favorite dessert was and she kept going in between cheesecake and banana cream pie.  And then banana cream cheesecake was born.

I followed this Banana Cream Cheesecake recipe exactly, but I'm adding vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and bananas to make it beautiful!  I'll post a picture of the finished product tomorrow!

I also made a box of Betty Crocker gluten-free Devils Food cake into mini chocolate surprise cupcakes.

 




[caption id="attachment_101" align="aligncenter" width="614" caption="Little Babycakes"][/caption]

I added 3 eggs, 1 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce to the cake mix.  I poured half the cupcake tray with the cake mixture and then a small dollop of:




  • 4 oz cream cheese

  • 1/2 of 1 egg

  • a couple of packets of stevia

  • chopped chocolate


Then I covered the cream cheese mixture with the rest of the cake batter.  I give you gluten-free chocolate surprise mini cupcakes!




[caption id="attachment_104" align="aligncenter" width="310" caption="Worst picture ever but you can see the inside!"][/caption]

 

 

Happy Birthday Kristy!!! You are the best!!

 




[caption id="attachment_97" align="aligncenter" width="277" caption="Birthday Girl!"][/caption]

See you all tomorrow with an update of Kristy's birthday and the picture of the cheesecake!!!

xoxo,

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. [...] Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free A College Sophomore's Journey to Becoming a Dietitian and Living Gluten Free Skip to content HomeAbout ← Banana Cream Cheesecake and Mini Gluten Free Cupcakes, Oh My! [...]

    ReplyDelete