Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snacky Snacks

To start, I had a blast last night at my friend's birthday party!


This picture sums up the night :)


 


Anddd the results are in on the banana cream cheesecake.....she LOVED it!  She had a bit of a freakout over it actually!  I had a couple bites and I have to agree, delicious!


 




[caption id="attachment_118" align="aligncenter" width="614" caption="!!!"][/caption]

I added spray whip cream in between the banana slices and it looked so pretty!  No picture :(

*****


In general I am much more of a snacker than a 3 meals a day kind of girl.  I also don't snack with big things.  I put everything in extremely small bowls.  Today I have been snacking ALL day.  I blame it on my slight hangover and lack of sleep.  I've had small bites of the following:




  • Mcdonalds oatmeal w/o brown sugar or the dried fruit and apples

  • Roasted chicken and potatoes

  • 2 tiny bowls of cereal

  • 1 failed attempt of a spring roll (inspired by love veggies and yoga)

  • a small salad of spinach carrots and tuna

  • And now I think I've finally satisfied myself with a REALLY fluffy green monster.  Too much xanthan gum whoops!



  • [caption id="attachment_108" align="aligncenter" width="307" caption="thick and airy"][/caption]


I was also in the cooking mood all day.



I made pumpkin bread in loaf and muffin form.  I used a simple Libby's pumpkin bread kit, because my  mom wanted to get rid of it. The only change was instead of using oil I used applesauce.  They look and smelled delicious and it was confirmed by my mom that they were!  I need to make a gluten free version STAT!


I did do a little gluten free cooking though!


Gluten Free Chex mix!  I used the standard chex mix recipe but with gluten free ingredients.


Ingredients:




  • 4 cups Corn chex

  • 4 cups Rice chex

  • 1 cup of peanuts

  • 1.5 tsp garlic powder

  • 1.5 tsp season salt

  • 2 tsp worsterchier sauce

  • Sprayed with pam or any cooking spray


Bake for an hour at 250 and shake to mix every 20 mins.

Now I'm relaxing with the family and watching the packer game!  Go PACK!  I'm also sipping this delicious teavana white and samurai chai tea my mom picked up on vacation.

And snuggled up next to me is my Princess!


Dirty, but cute!


I'm planning to make tamales tomorrow to use up the roasted chicken!  See you with the results!


xoxo,


Rachel

6 comments:

  1. oh your banana cream cheese cake is FABULOUS looking :) i want a piece right now! i bet it would be delicious with a big ole mug of hot chocolate! glad you had such a fun time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog, I love it! All this food looks deeelish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banana cream cheesecake look delicious.
    I don't think I've ever made chex mix but I've eaten my fair share of bags of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chex Mix is so simple to make! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete