Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My girl Bethenny

Like many health nuts, I really enjoy reading health food books/magazines. This summer I decided to buy my favorite Real Housewife's book.  I have always loved Bethenny's humor and sarcasm on the Real Housewives of New York City. And she is a natural food chef to boot!



When I found out she had a book, I knew I had to get it!

This book was my healthy tipping point. Though I'm young, I had counted calories and stressing over food since age 14.  Reading this book made me realize that food is NOT the enemy.  That you don't have to be scared of food.  That you have complete control over what goes into your mouth.

 

I read Bethenny's book 6 months ago and I haven't counted a calorie since.  I eat when I'm hungry, I make healthy choices, and I don't mindlessly eat.  Last Christmas I weighed 30lbs more than I weigh this Christmas.  I also contribute this to being gluten-free and my new found love of running.  But without Bethenny's book I don't know if Id be where I am today.

[caption id="attachment_64" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Last Christmas on the Left, This Christmas on the Right"][/caption]

 

 

 

 

 

Now I'm off to LA to go see my love!

xoxo,

Rachel

3 comments:

  1. I'm a magazine nut too :D That book looks amazing - I've never heard of it, do you think they'd have a copy at the library? I kinda wanna read it.

    I hope you're having a fantastic day and I cannot wait to read more on your blog! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you found your place and that you shared it. I will have to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they would have it at the library! Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete